Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting Ready is Half the Fun



We are down to the wire as they say. Leaving in a few short hours. I had the kids wash the car yesterday to make room for all the bugs who will be martyred for our trip. The inside of the car has been cleaned too. Janey got a little carried away with the armor-all wipes, so the seats may be a little slippery for a while.

I am hoping they prove me wrong and the trash bag hanging from the fancy new hook I bought will not remain empty while trash is dispersed on the floor of the minivan. Our Economy on Wheels should take care of that without me nagging.


In the last couple of days, in addition to packing and running errands, I thought it would be a good idea to clean out my closet, and every drawer, the kitchen cupboard, the refrigerator, and the garage. Perhaps I could have started this part in June. (of 2010)

Our front entryway looks like we are moving in or out. But Scrubby knows something is happening. Ready to be loaded:
3 suitcases
a few backpacks
Rubbermaid containers: one filled with medicines, a first aid kit, tissues, nail clippers, chap stick. (Thank you Jean)
One filled with cameras, ipad, chargers
A three drawer plastic container for the trunk. The top drawer containing school supplies: pencils, crayons, markers, journals, tape, scissors, the bottom two drawers: cutting board, knife with a sheath, apple cutter, paper bowls, paper plates, plastic silverware, ziplock bags and containers.

We have a portable library (a sectioned canvas container that will sit in the backseat) One section books, another books on CD, and another- travel games.

An ice chest


The To-Do list is still daunting -
So I am going to cut this short and give Scrubby a bath, make him a hot dog omlette so I can feel less guilty for leaving him, and then drop him off at my parents.

Catch up with you on the road! First stop - San Jose, CA - a weekend with Matt's family.











3 comments:

  1. Be safe and well. I'll be following your blog adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I am really looking forward to following you and your family on this trip as I am planning something similar for my family sometime in the next couple years. The research has begun! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete